Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet). Great recipe for Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet). Kroket (croquet) is one of the most popular snacks in Indonesia. It was introduced during the Dutch colonial.
Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet) Kroket (croquet) is one of the most popular snacks in Indonesia. It was introduced during the Dutch colonial. It is made of mashed potato filled with minced chicken or ragout then breaded and fried. You can have Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet)
- It’s 600 gr of potatoes, steam, make purée.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
- Prepare of Filling ingredients:.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 100 gr of ground chicken.
- It’s 150 gr of frozen mixed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- It’s of Coating mixture:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beat.
- It’s 100 gr of Japanese panko bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Mustard pickles sauce:.
- You need 1 of cucumber, cut out the seeds part, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of French yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili sauce.
This time I made the baked version of kroket. It's still as crunchy as the fried one but it's heal. Indonesian Potato Croquettes- (Kroket Kentang) Be the first to review this recipe. This recipe came from my mother-in-law who is Indonesian.
Kroket Panggang (Indonesian Baked Croquet) step by step
- Mix potato purée, nutmeg powder, salt, white pepper powder, and egg until well combined. Set aside..
- Sauté garlic, ground chicken, and frozen mixed vegetables with a little oil. Add oyster sauce, salt, and white pepper powder..
- Add milk. Bring it to boil..
- Add the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook until thickened. Remove from the heat and let it cool..
- Make oval patties by filling in the potato mixture with the filling mixture. Let it rest int the refrigerator for at least 3 hours..
- Combine the panko and the oil in a separate frying pan and toast over medium-heat until golden brown. Transfer the panko into a bowl and allow to cool..
- Dip the patties into the beaten eggs and coat with the panko. Repeat one more time..
- Place the patties on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven..
- Serve warm with the mustard pickles sauce. 😋.
My kids who love regular mashed potatoes really like this too. I cook alot of Indonesian food in our home and this is one of our favorites. Kroket Ragout Ayam – Chicken Ragout Croquette The Easier Way. Once you get the basic idea of how to prepare Indonesian croquette, you can start playing around with variety of filling. In my next recipe, I will show you how to prepare kroket panggang – baked croquette.