Baby Back Pork Ribs. Chef John's indoor baby back ribs are seasoned with a homemade dry rub, then glazed with barbeque sauce and baked until tender and delicious. I was looking for a great oven baked baby back rib recipe an this one was on the money. Other names: pork loin back ribs, back ribs, or loin ribs.
This is a MUST try recipe. Rub on the front and back of the ribs. Pour Rib Pot ingredients in the bottom of the pot and then place the trivet in the pot. You can have Baby Back Pork Ribs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baby Back Pork Ribs
- You need 1 of slab baby back pork ribs.
- It’s 40 Oz of bottle BBQ sauce (your brand).
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 96 Oz of bottle apple juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of meat tenderizer.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1-9 of x15 aluminum baking pan.
- You need of aluminum foil.
Back in the day, we were contributors to Betty Crocker. We shared a similar version of this recipe with them. Because of their proximity to the loin, baby back ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender when cooked properly. In fact, if you've enjoyed bone-in pork chops—the rib chop.
Baby Back Pork Ribs step by step
- Preparing The Ribs To Merinate: remove membrane from back side of rib. Start at the narrow end, (under hot water,) and peel off the thin membrane on the back side and discard..
- In a 9×15 aluminum baking pan mix a small amount (½ cup) BBQ sauce, 1 Tbsp liquid smoke and apple juice, (enough to cover the rib,) place rib in pan back side facing up and cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate over night..
- Remove rib from pan (save the pan) rub rib with a generous amount of tenderizer or meat spice of your choice..
- Slow cook rib in pressure cooker for 3 to 4 hours. Remove carefully after cooking. Rib will easily fall apart..
- Carefully lay it back in the drained aluminum pan that you saved, (rib side down.) Put a generous amount of brown sugar on top and then a generous amount of BBQ sauce..
- Place in 350° oven to bake for an additional 1 or 1½ hours. Then serve!.
Baby back ribs are often relegated to the realm of 'pop' food, thanks in large part to a certain The popularity that baby back ribs' do have has been helped greatly by their name, which sounds tender and succulent. Smoked baby back ribs have plenty of down-home flavor, but they require special equipment and take a while to cook on the grill; this oven-to-grill method can be done in stages, so there's no need to. Recipe from Weber's Time to Grill™ by Jamie Purviance. Fuel Type Removing the Membrane from Baby Back Ribs. Season each rack evenly with the rub.