Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). Nasi Goreng (Indonesian-style Fried Rice) – Manila Spoon. My Nasi Goreng (or Indonesian Fried Rice) is a spicy rice dish that's way more flavourful than regular fried rice.
Packed with flavors, quick and delicious meal in minutes. You can use Thai sauce or any other hot sauce with this recipe. Nothing like easy, quick one-pot meals especially on a busy weekday or even weekend. You can have Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style)
- It’s 500 gr of leftover cooked rice (a day old).
- You need 4 of eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Prepare of Shrimp, as needed, peeled and deveined.
- It’s to taste of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of green onion, sliced and seperate the green and white part.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
- You need to taste of Ground white pepper,.
- You need of Grind into spice paste.
- It’s to taste of Dried chilies, soak into boiling water until softened.
- It’s of (Fresh Thai chilies can be used instead of dried chilies).
- Prepare 4 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 cube of or 1 tsp shrimp paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of crispy tiny shrimp.
Great recipe for Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). The good thing about making fried rice is you can throw any leftover meat or vegetables in it. Since this dish is Indonesian style of Fried Rice, I used "KECAP MANIS (SWEET SOY SAUCE)" and "SHRIMP PASTE/Belacan (TERASI)" as the special. Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style).
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) instructions
- Heat oil in a wok. Pour the beaten egg then stir it to make scramble egg. Put aside in a bowl..
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok on high heat. Sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes..
- Add white part of green onion. Stir for a few second..
- Add the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp look pink..
- Add the cooked rice and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add about 1 or 2 tsp sweet soy sauce (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix with a scooping motion until everything well combined..
- Add the scramble egg and green part of green onion. Continue stir-frying the rice for another minute. Have a taste, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately..
- Sweet soy sauce.
- Shrimp paste/belacan (terasi).
- Crispy tiny shrimp.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up. Fried rice is the ultimate leftover food because it requires using leftover rice. Otherwise it won't be dry enough to fry and come out a but mushy. Nasi Goreng is a delicious spicy stir-fried rice. It's more flavourful than regular fried rice with the addition of shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind and a few other goodies.