Creamed Baby Kale.
You can have Creamed Baby Kale using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamed Baby Kale
- It’s of creamed kale.
- It’s 4 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced shallots.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of several grinds of freshly ground black pepper. I used 6 -8 grinds.
- It’s 32 oz of washed and dried baby kale.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of half and half.
Creamed Baby Kale instructions
- In a large stock pot, heat up broth over medium heat..
- Add kale and cover..
- Cook 3-5 minutes until kale is wilted. Drain off broth and set aside..
- In large skillet, heat pan over medium heat..
- Melt butter and cook shallots until translucent. About 2 minutes..
- Add in garlic, cook another minute..
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes to cook off raw flour taste and allow a bit of golden color on flour..
- Slowly whisk in half and half making sure there are no lumps..
- If mixture gets a touch thick, you may add in reserved broth to achieve desired creaminess..
- Add in spices and drained kale. Lower heat to simmer and cook an additional 4 minutes..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- Recipe by taylor68too.