Indonesian Traditional Steamed Cake. If you're lucky, there will be a big surprise that happened. Published by. 'Bolu Kukus' or blossom steamed cake is one of the most popular Indonesian traditional cake. The texture is soft and fluffy just like sponge cake.
You can find it anywhere in Indonesian local markets. It is cheap and easy to find and thus, my mom never made it. I had to learn it from the internet. You can cook Indonesian Traditional Steamed Cake using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Traditional Steamed Cake
- It’s 2 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 300 grams of wheat flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of baking soda (powder).
- It’s 200 grams of sugar.
- You need 200 ml of big cola/coca cola.
Where is it from: Kue Mangkok is found throughout Indonesia, and is a traditional snack. The cake dough is placed inside a tin or cupcake container and then steamed until the top part of the cake rises, expands and blossoms like a flower. Main ingredients: Flour, rice flour, tapioca, yeast, egg, coconut milk, sugar and salt Kue is an Indonesian bite-sized snack or dessert food. Kue is a fairly broad term in Indonesian to describe a wide variety of snacks; cakes, cookies, fritters, pies, scones, and patisserie.
Indonesian Traditional Steamed Cake step by step
- Preheat steaming kettle with the big fire.
- Pour all ingredients into a big bowl then mix by mixer during 10 minutes(note: have to be mixed precisely 10 minutes).
- pour the dough into small paper cup until full.
- Steam it during 20 minute with the big fire (note: never open the kettle's cover during cake cooked).
- After 20 minute, open the kettle's cover and see the cake. If you're lucky, there will be a big surprise that happened..
Kue are made from a variety of ingredients in various forms, some are steamed, fried or baked. Kue are popular snacks in Indonesia, which has the largest variety of kue. This traditional Indonesian curry dish features chile, ginger, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and cinnamon with coconut milk and lean beef. The perfect Ramadan dessert, bolu kukus are Indonesian steamed cakes free of dairy and oils and drizzled in festive colors. By Venessa; Opor Ayam (Chicken in Coconut Milk) The Best Indonesian Traditional Breakfast 😍 Gethuk is a simple Javanese dish made from cassava.