Cheeseburger soup. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. This is soup, not a cheeseburger and virtually every good soup starts with onions, celery & carrots (and garlic in my opinion). In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
Looking for recipes for cheeseburger soup? Taste of Home has the best cheeseburger soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion. You can cook Cheeseburger soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger soup
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter divided.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of peeled and diced potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 cups of velveeta.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes. Season and brown meat to taste. Drain and put into a Dutch oven. Add onion, carrots, basil, parsley, broth, and potatoes.
Cheeseburger soup step by step
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside..
- In the same saucepan add 1 Tbsp butter, onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small skillet melt remaining butter (3 Tbsp) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir is cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. SERVE.
Cheeseburger soup is always a hit with my family! It's the kind of soup you crave on a cold night. This recipe, from my newest cookbook Skinnytaste One and Done is made all in one pot with directions for the Instant Pot or stove! I've partnered with ALDI to give you a sneak peak into the book and share this recipe with you all!. It's thick and cheesy with chunks of.